Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I found creating this blog quite a different experience to my previous experience with blogs. Setting it up was the easy part. However, in my past life blogs were one of the tools that I used for CEO’s and Manager’s to communicate more effectively with their staff so I was somewhat removed from the personal side of it in writing for another person. Being more personal was probably the most difficult part of this blogging experience for me.

Setting up a blog provided an opportunity for deeper reflection on why I might ask a class to create a blog. I have learnt that the mechanics are simple, it is the relevance of the posting that is most important, and these activities should never just be done ‘because they can be done’ but because they provide a richer experience for students.

No comments: